general

I couldn't be more pleased with the current state of the celtics. While
Mills did seem like a non ADD Rick Fox, I vastly prefer McCarty(the others
are nice too).
	Here are my thoughts on him. He's very thinly built, but plays good post
defense. He's also a very good shotblocker. He has amazing elevation(even
for his size), like a Mcdyess/Kemp. His post game is improving but he's not
Olajuawan. All in all he seems to be a more defensive version of
Camby/Garnett.
	Bowen seems to be another Dennis Rodman(before he went crazy). He is
freakishly quick has very good defensive instincts and is maybe a little
better on offense than dennis was. His rebounding isn't bad either(but he's
not rodman in that regard).
	Knight is worth twice what we're paying him(in terms of center salary).
Despite his relatively slight stature he plays very good post defense and
has good hands. His shot blocking is about average for a center. He is a
very good midrange shooter(he's pretty good of the glass too). He doesn't
force shots but he doesn't create either. He's also a very good offensive
rebounder.
	Barros could be an allstar again if his ankle holds up. As always his
three point shooting has been stellar, but his defense, court awareness and
passing really caught my eye. He is a monumental pest in the passing lanes,
he works the pick and roll very well and he hasn't forced many shots. My
vote for starting PG.
	Ellison isn't the post defender, offensive rebounder or shooter Knight is
but he's a better shot blocker, defensive rebounder and passer. He and
Knight should be a good commitee if Pervis doesn't get hurt.
	Billups just needs to learn the ropes. Right now he's alot like Rick Fox
was. He makes one brillant play and follows it with a stupid decision or a
turnover. I think he'll pan out or be traded.
	Walker should be an allstar if his shot selection improves(although
McCarty should take some of the heat off). Also Antoine seems to be playing
point forward in half of the possesions. His passing has been good but not
brillant so far. He has wonderful potential he just needs to refine his
game and make better decisions. Right now he seems alot like Anthony Mason.
	Declercq will probably be waived or traded. He is 6 fouls, no more no less.
	Mercer could also be headed for stardom. He has been creating his shot and
shooting well. Another player where the sky's the limit.
	Overall I think Pitino has done just about everything he could to improve
this team. Mills was a rectified mistake. After watching our rookies, the
Pippen trade would have been brillant(if he wasn't injured), could you
imagine the havoc Pippen would wreak in Pitino's system? We may just have
our three all-stars(Walker, Mercer and Barros) this year, and if not
probably next.

Things are looking up!

Noah