Re: The TRADE

Ritesh said:
>Hey, might as well predict that Edney might go to. I guess this also means that
>Coleman and Cunningham will get chopped off the roster. While I am on chopping
>I am sticking my neck out to say that Minor might get moved before Christmas
>
>16 players - Coleman and Cunningham = 14 players.
>14 players - 12 roster spots = 2 that will be on the injured list.

Coleman was already cut a few days ago.  I agree that Cunningham will
probably be cut.

The current list of players is:
  Travis Knight
  Pervis Ellison
  Will Cunningham
  Andrew DeClercq
  Tony Massenburg
  Walter McCarty
  John Thomas
  Antoine Walker
  Dontae Jones
  Greg Minor
  Ron Mercer
  Bruce Bowen
  Chauncey Billups
  Dee Brown
  Dana Barros
  Tyus Edney

That's 16 players, with Cunningham the only likely cut, and the other 15
to be cut down to 12 through trades and "injuries".

I agree with you that Tyus Edney is also likely to go, and I agree
with you about Minor.  I think he's the most likely of the 4 old
Celtics to go, as he just doesn't seem to have the level of motivation
or smarts Pitino needs, despite his tremendous athletic ability.  I
think Brown, Barros and Ellison will stay around a while and be given a
chance to prove themselves, since they all have potential in this system
and their contracts make them hard to move.  I used to be really down on
Barros but now he's starting to impress me.  He seems to be taking the
3-point shots at the right times, be driving to the basket more, and
forcing turnovers.  I just looked at his career stats and his last year
before Boston he averaged over 7.5 assists per game with Philly in 82 games.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the Celtics should actually
keep Barros, as it looks like we might be witnessing the return of Barros
the All-star.  He sure ignited the offense last night, and seemed to be
everywhere making steals.

> Are Edney, Minor, Bowen, Massenburg and/or DeClerq feeling any heat
> right now?

Everyone's feeling the heat right now, and I'm sure that's the way
Pitino loves things to be.

Jon Mc