McCarty

Last week, ESPN highlighted McCarty after a Knicks game.  He showed a
smooth outside shot, a great dunk move, leaping ability and all-over-the
court movement.  I think he is worth the trade alone.  He brings us an
oversized small forward, meaning with the three Kentucky boys that we
have a large two in Mercer (able to shoot over Ewing last night), a very
tall and athletic three in McCarty and a quick four in Walker.  I think that
spells big trouble for defenses.  McCarty could soon bring some
interesting comparisons because of his athleticism.

D. Jones will likely take a while.  He's my pick for the injured list; but he is
a true talent.  Thomas looks like a good bench banger, and we need that.

An excellent trade.  And, since Brooks was immediately waived, that
suggests that the other shoe will drop rather quickly.  I hope we keep
and show patience with Billups.  He hasn't shown it yet, but I am
convinced he has it.

Gene  (8 days to go)