Game comments

The Celtics did look sloppy and shot miserably, but overall I'm pretty
pleased with the personnel. Those disappointed have to realize that
Atlanta is a good team that has been together in their system for some
time so it's not likely we'd come close. Rick Pitino's system is complex
and it'll take a long time to get it, and an even longer time to run it
anything like he'd want it.

Walker looked great. I think his ballhandling is definitely an asset.
He has the potential to make the All-Star team. He made a couple of
excellent passes too.

I think Knight was a bargain if he can keep it up and improve. He crashed
the boards pretty well and showed some shooting touch from outside, and
wasn't manhandled on defense (although Mutumbo isn't necessarily the best
test).

Ellison looked pretty good although tentative and clumsy at times. He can
definitely play some minutes this year.

The rookies had trouble, especially Billups. Mercer had a great athletic
block of a breakaway layup.

Barros, Brown and Minor didn't look very good either. I'd expect Minor to
get cut out of these three (because of salary) if there aren't enough roster
spots when the season rolls around.

There was tons of rotation. The halfcourt offense looked confused and didn't
produce many points. The press produced some turnovers but broke down much
of the time, especially to the long pass. The fast pace produced a few
baskets but I think they'll have to turn it up another notch.

Alex