Re: Thinking aloud

>Mishra at 09:40 PM 5/30/97 -0700, you wrote:

>>I think Rick has made up his mind to trade both  the picks and that's one
>>reasons why C's are working out players who will be picked within 10-16th.
>>The 10th belongs to Milwaukee and  the 16th to the Clippers which forces
>>one to wonder if there is already a trade in works for Vin Baker, and if
>>they trade with Cleveland or Dallas or Clippers, who would the C's send
>>along to dump some salary with the 6th pick..my hunch is Dana, because the
>>Globe reported that both Rick & Red were present during his workout and
>>were checking on his rehabilitation. What do you guys think ?
>>                                                                     -
>>Mishra
>

>I agree some movement will happen with the picks. But I don't see Pitino
trading both away. Don't be surprised though to see Pitino take Mercer with
the no. 3 and trade him away on the spot to a team that want's him badly for
an established player, a lower pick, or in conjuction with one of out salaries.
>Some combination of the above is quite possible.
>
>As far a Barros is concerned wasn't it the same Globe article that mention
he was only 70% healthy during his work out? What NBA team is going to want
to trade for less than 100% healthy 3 million dollar plus jump shooter?