Re: 76ers Second Pick

Jonathan Haigh wrote:

> I still think management should keep concentrating on drafting some
> solid players rather that giving up decent draft position.  I really
> don't feel that Stackhouse is all that great.  The Celtics should really
> look into this Vin Baker situation.  If he really wants to play in
> Boston, I say go get him this year!

I think the objection of the trade is to get rid of overpaid clowns like
Mr. Radja and get something decent in return. Trading Radja, #3, and #6
for #2 and Stackhouse is VERY reasonable. At #2, the C's can pick
anybody they choose (except for Duncan, of course!). They can still get
Mercer if they want, but I don't think Pitino will want a disobedient
player like Mr. Mercer. Battie is not only pretty good, but he also
fulfill the C's need for a big man. Stackhouse isn't all that great, but
he can sure drive to the hoop better than any 2 on the current Celtic
roster. He should fit in nicely and should be happy here.

BTW, Pitino mention that if it means giving those picks to make the C's
strong, he will give it away. As far as for Fox & Wesley goes, I think
they should offer Wesley 2 mil/yr. If he wants more, wish him luck. Fox,
the C's won't die without.