Re: RE: GM & trade rumor

>>Anyone else out there, think this is way too much to give up here. As
I read this we are trading Mercer, Dino and one of Thomas/Van Horn/Daniels
and getting Battie and Stack. I know we're getting rid of Dino's salary
but this still sounds way too one-sided. Who's the better player Stack or
Mercer? Even if this is even, do you trade Dino and Van Horn/Thomas for
Battie?

I agree completely.  I'm not even sold on Battie as being better than Foyle,
from the relatively little that I know of both.  The deal is intriguing,
though.  I don't see how it could be worked except for both picks and dino
for two and stack. I don't think the teams have discussed it yet....this will
stay in the rumor mill until one team disavows it.
Also...I still maintain that when you land in the high lottery, you have to
take advantage.  It's rare you are there, and you have to get talent while
you can....you can always find a way to move unwanted veterans, even if it
means buying them out. I'd hate to see us lose lottery position for the sake
of unloading.  Addition, not subtraction, is what we need now.  Let's use
both picks!  (or get two good players in their place, a la battie and stack)