Re: Wallace

- --=_ORCL_11264948_0_11919705271821160
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

Hello:

> Pitino seemed intrigued  about the Dino,3,6 for 2 and Stackhouse deal. I also
> think it is too much unless Pitino is convinced that the only way we can get
> good is by signing a big-time free agent. The way Pitino referred to it made
> it seem like it was a newspaper manufacturing that may be interesting rather
> than something he was pushing. Pitino did add that he would have to have some
> indication that Stackhouse would stay beyond the next year.

Aquiring Stack means the C's will get capped out next year as opposed to the
year after. I would do the deal if Barros or Dee are also included in the
package and we get a 2nd round draft choice in return. By the way where did
this rumour emanate from? and is their a site where one could read this. If
there is any truth to this rumour, then Philly appears to be desperate to
trade stackhouse. As per Vescey, they have offered him & the 2nd pick to
Chicago for Scottie Pippen.

> Wallace said the most glaring need on this team was a star. Does it come with
> Battie or Stackhouse or with a future free agent signing once Dino is
> unloaded?

Right now, Stack is not a star and who knows what Battie will turnout to be
because most 6' 11" who are not strong tend to get injured in NBA e.g. Camby,
Wright etc, and suppose Vin Baker becomes available will the C's have enough
left after the above trade to make a decent offer, because Battie for Baker
straight up won't get it done <maybe they will have to throw in next years 1st
rounder>.
                                       - Mishra

- --=_ORCL_11264948_0_11919705271821160