RE: Talent, then Needs

>#3 Draft the best player available regardless of need
>#6 Draft the best player available, possibly/probably addressing a need.

Yes, I have to totally agree with this philosophy. It is just like in 1984
when the trailblazers drafted Bowie as they already had a great off-guard.
That was a big mistake. Could you imagine a Jordan/Drexler backcourt. That
is scary!

>Those in the know: how much can we rely on what the Sixers and Celtics are
>saying about their "wants" to be true and how much of it is manipulation?

Yeah, I believe that the sixers are foxing and will actually take Battie.
They know that Mercer fits into Pitino's pressing system and will try
anything to get the Celtics to trade up.

>Pitino can do it!

I hope so.

>Eisley, Mercer, Foyle, Battie or Van Horn.

I really like Eisley, Mercer and Battie. I also think Tim Thomas has
potential but he is a bit of a bonehead.

I only read this excellent Email today as I have been inundated with draft
crap.

Matt