Re: Radja at center

- ----------
> From: Nault <rnault@ptialaska.net>
> To: celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Re: Radja at center
> Date: Sunday, May 25, 1997 8:15 AM
>
> >Personally, I'd like to see Van Horn taken with the three pick and
> >McGrady with the sixth. Just imagine how hard it would be for other
> >teams to match-up with a 6'10" small forward and a 6'9" shooting
> >guard!
>
> McGrady is not a guard, he is a forward.  I think as far as talent goes I
> would like to see your plan happen, but it simply is not feasible for
this
> team.  Even if we moved Radja to center, after drafting Van Horn and
> McGrady, we would have FOUR starting caliber forwards, and everyone knows
> you can only start two forwards.  What we should draft is Van Horn and a
> true Shooting Guard.

No, actually McGrady will be a guard in the NBA.  He's played all 5
positions in high school, but in the NBA he will most likely start out as a
shooting guard and develop into a point guard (which is the position that
his HS coach thinks he will eventually play in the NBA).  It's possible he
will play some small forward also, but teams that are looking at him are
looking at him as a guard primarily.

Jeff