Re: Trade Idea

>Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 20:16:05 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Michael Joseph Byrnes <mbyrnes@leland.Stanford.EDU>
>Subject: Trade Idea
>
>Why don't the Celtics trade Dino Radja, Pervis Ellison, and their *second*
>round pick to the Spurs for David Robinson? Given that the Spurs are
going to take Duncan, they really don't need another center, anyway.

(gasp..choke).... interesting idea.

However in basketball one great player is worth a whole lot more than a
handful of OK players  --simply because there can only be 5 guys on the
court at any one time. Robinson is an all-star and former  MVP. Of the
players you are offering in exchange, no-one on comes close.

>And, the fans are so happy
>about Duncan that they won't even notice David's departure.

(gasp..choke).... I beg to differ.  I say they would notice big time. Spurs
fans are salivating at the prospect of a Robinson - Duncan pair in the
front court.

- -Marc