Re: Trade Idea

In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.970522200839.21035D-100000@elaine11.Stanford.EDU>,
Mi
chael Joseph Byrnes said:

> Why don't the Celtics trade Dino Radja, Pervis Ellison, and their *second*
> round pick to the Spurs for David Robinson?  Given that the Spurs are
> going to take Duncan, they really don't need another center, anyway.  And,
> since Robinson is getting up there in age, and coming off an injury, so
> the Spurs would be more likely to trade him.  And, the fans are so happy
> about Duncan that they won't even notice David's departure.  Plus, the
> addition of Radja and Ellison would give them two veteran frontcourt
> players who could, with Duncan, solidify the Spurs' frontcourt.
>
> Rick Pitino would then be able to draft Van Horn and Billups, which would
> give the Celtics a starting five of:
>
> C Robinson
> F Van Horn
> F Walker
> G Minor
> G Billups
>
> I think this team could make the playoffs...
>
> Michael Byrnes
> mbyrnes@stanford.edu
>
> P.S. Fred, do you have any better ideas? :)

I have a better idea....Let's trade Pervis Ellison for Shaquille O'Neal, Dana
Barros for Penny Hardaway, Steve Hamer for Karl Malone, and Greg Minor for
Michael Jordan.  Then the Celtics could draft Duncan and Mercer.  This would
give them a starting five of

C O'Neal
F Malone
F Walker
G Jordan
G Hardaway

I think this team could rule the universe...

Come on, people, could we have a little more realism, and less fantasy in our
trade proposals?  SA is *NOT* going to trade Robinson, and no one is going to
trade good draft picks or players for the Celtics dead weight.
- --
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com