anyone see Chanel 68 sportstalk last night?

Last night on Channel 68, Butch had Michael Holley from the Globe on and
they were talking about the draft.  Holley said that there was no way that
the celtics would draft Ron Mercer.  He said that there really were
problems between him and Walker.  I got the feeling that he knew something
that we don't about the situation but that he couldn't say what it was.

They were talking mainly about getting Van Horn at 3, and then McGrady at
6, but i can't see this happening.  Van Horn is an NBA small forward, and
we already have two of those in Walker and Williams.  Plus it would still
leave us without a big guy. The more i think about it, the more i like the
idea of taking McGrady at 6.  It's very risky, but the reward could be
huge.  With the other pick, we need to go big, with either Foyle or Cato.
Since #3 is too high to take those guys, here's what i think we should do:

Assuming that Philly is taking Battie, I think the thing to do is set up a
trade with the third pick similar to the one that Milwaukee and the
T-Wolves did last year.  We take Mercer or Van Horn for a team that really
needs him, and that team takes a player that we really want (Foyle or Cato)
and we trade and get that team's first round draft pick next year out of
the deal.

That way, we'd get the player of the future (McGrady), a big man (Cato or
Foyle), and another first round draft pick for next year, which would leave
us in a similar situation to this year where we have 2 first round picks.

Jeff