Draft

Enjoying the comments.  I wish we could all see a representative film of
the top prospects and share our insights about them.  I have two
comments.

One reason a good trade with lottery picks is so difficult is that too many
gm jobs are on the line if they screw up (and probably should be).  What
advantage we have with Pitino is mitigated by the fact that others will be
wary of letting him pick their pocket.  Thus, I am agreeing that we should
pick #3 and #6 for talent/need and hope to fill in with the second round.
And trades might have to involve our B players for other high priced Bs
and a draft choice.  It's dicey, but we should still wind up with two
excellent and one good player--all capable of being in our top 8.

While I think Mercer is the real deal, I like Battie as consolation for
Duncan.  He is much like PJ Brown as a rook, but better all
around--quicker, better shot blocker, better shooter, and he seemed to
be very consistent in college.  He might not be able to put on a lot of
weight, so we would need a bruiser for a backup center.  Battie with
Dino, Walker and Williams would be a good front line.

Gene