Re: Draft

- --- On Tue, 20 May 1997 08:04:57 -0800  Nault
<rnault@ptialaska.net> wrote:
I'm not saying we shouldn't take McGrady, I am just voicing my
concerns
about him,

Tim

>You didn't convince me that taking McGrady was a bad idea.
You say that
>he's coming right out of high school and "most players that do
aren't
>good".  Who exactly are you talking about?  Moses Malone never
went to
>college and look at what he did.  Kevin Garnett made the jump
and he's an
>all star in his second season.  You can't use O'Neal and
Bryant as examples
>because they've only had one year in the league and it's too
early to tell
>if they will be sucessful or not.  For all that we know, they
could both
>develop into all stars over the next couple of years.  It's
going to take a
>couple of years (i'm guessing it will take at least three)
before the
>celtics become serious contenders, so McGrady (or whoever we
take) will
>have enough time to develop his game.
<snip>

Why if we all hate the draft and everything sucks, do we keep
talking about it?

- ---------------End of Original Message-----------------

Name: R. Bentz Kirby
E-mail: R. Bentz Kirby <bocelts@scsn.net>