Talent, then Needs

I've read all of your comments re: whom to draft.  I heard Pitino on the
radio yesterday and what he says make sense (although I am a big proponent
of healthy dialouge and debate so keep it coming).....it's simple....

#3 Draft the best player available regardless of need
#6 Draft the best player available, possibly/probably addressing a need.

That to me means Mercer, then whatever big man is available.
Or Battie, and then whatever guard is available.

I think they should trade down, but only at the last minute to see what's
available.

Those in the know: how much can we rely on what the Sixers and Celtics are
saying about their "wants" to be true and how much of it is manipulation?

And if Walker doesn't like Mercer, get over it. It's a business.  At one
point they teamed together to win a national championship (with the coach
too) so it can't be all that bad.  Walker has his pal in Williams...he
won't have to worry about showing Mercer around town....Pitino can do it!

I'm going to predict that the Celtics will have at least two of the
following players on their roster next year:

Eisley, Mercer, Foyle, Battie or Van Horn.

TJL

tjoyce@mit.edu