some observations on the draft and the future

After reading as much Celtics news as I could, especially from
the Boston Globe (what a treat!), I have a few observations.

I'm sorry some of you were counting chickens, re: the draft. Duncan
would have been nice to get, but before San Antonio cheers, they might
want to remember another Texas team, Houston, who failed miserably
with "twin towers."

RE: Foyle or other projects. Don't waste a pick on a center "project."
Has any project ever done any better than Muresan? If that is the best
project, than projects are worthless.

Chicago, and Utah, are doing quite well without a dominant center. As is
Seattle. So it can be done.

I'd rather have Pitino than Duncan, any day. Pitino knows what it takes
and will get us there. A bit slower without Duncan, perhaps.

Talk about tanking: Jackie MacMullen (formerly of the Boston Globe, I hear),
wrote in SI about the Celts possibly tanking. Lady, that ain't a tank.
Just look at San A, if you want to see what "tank looks like!"

Perhaps the NBA should go in reverse order after all. This year (the
exception?) proves (tests) the rule.

Bob Strauss

Bob Strauss      "Duke of URL"                   Cataloger
Hunter Library                                   Western Carolina U.
strauss@wcu.edu
Bob Strauss' 4 levels of Fax machines:
Level 1: Able to fax black and white images on paper.
Level 2: Able to fax color images on paper.
Level 3: Able to fax small inanimate objects.
Level 4: Able to fax large animate objects (i.e., people).
                         --Bob Strauss, 4/23/97