Re: Reflections on the day after the draft lottery

Jason I heard 76er owner Pat Croce on the radio today, he said they like
Battie, but will be taking a lot of offers for the pick also.  I think
Mercer will be the better player than Battie & we can pick up a big man in
the second round or in free agency in the next few years.

- ----------
> From: JASPINDLER@aol.com
> To: celtics@igtc.COM
> Subject: Reflections on the day after the draft lottery
> Date: Monday, May 19, 1997 4:06 PM
>
> It is now 24 hours after the draft lottery.  I am still disappointed that
we
> did not get the top pick, but having 3 and 6 is not a disaster, when we
have
> the best judge of talent in the land making the choices.  I think we
should
> stop fantasizing about making a deal with the Spurs to get the # 1 pick,
it
> isn't going to happen.  The real intrigue lies in trying to figure out
what
> Philly will do at #2, and what we should do with the 6th pick. I'm
tempted to
> cast my vote for Battie with one of the picks, and possibly Tracey
McGready