Reflections on the day after the draft lottery

It is now 24 hours after the draft lottery.  I am still disappointed that we
did not get the top pick, but having 3 and 6 is not a disaster, when we have
the best judge of talent in the land making the choices.  I think we should
stop fantasizing about making a deal with the Spurs to get the # 1 pick, it
isn't going to happen.  The real intrigue lies in trying to figure out what
Philly will do at #2, and what we should do with the 6th pick. I'm tempted to
cast my vote for Battie with one of the picks, and possibly Tracey McGready
at the other.  I'm hoping that Philly passes up Battie, but this is a gamble.
 Clearly we are going to be a lottery team for the next 1-2 years under most
realistic scenarios, and we need to get young players that fit the Pitino
system, and start to clear cap room for possible manuevers down the road.
 Patience will have to be the watchword for the fans, but I hope that we will
at least see an exciting style of play in the meantime.