Re: usenet scouting reports etc.

>   The Celtics will not draft Mercer.  Walker has already stated over and
over> again  that he will not play if Mercer is on the team too.  The two
just do  not get along.  Unless we want to put together the Dallas
Mavericks, Part II Mercer is not the player to go after.

We would be insane to pass on Mercer. If Walker does not want to play with
him, then screw him and move him to Denver for McDyess or Golden State for
Joe Smith. Mercer is a better all around player then Walker. Teams made up
of a bunch of whiner's never go anywhere.  I think that story was blown out
of proportion by the media from what I heard.  Walker stated they should
not take Mercer if a center was available which is logical.