Re: Profile of Battie

>Battie had a very impressive season and actually put up numbers almost as
>good as Duncan's.  He did have some games he was pushed around by beefier
>players, I think he weighs about 210, but did very well against Kansas'
>front line.  Philly likes Battie,  but will they pass on Mercer ?  I think
>they will because his style is too similar to Stackhouse (unless they move
>Jerry ?).  I would be satisfied with Battie or Mercer.

So would I, Battie or Mercer would just suit me fine. BUT, I think we need a
center more than anything. Battie could be that center. I found an updated
bio about him, if anyone wants me to, I will post it. He's 235 pounds,
averaged about a 19pts 11rbs per game, with Texas Tech's schools record for
blocked shots. He seems like a class act from all I've read about him. So,
he would be a good fit for the Celts.

I think whoever is available between Battie and Mercer when the #3 comes
around, should be a no-brainer for Pitino. But the #6.. big man (Foyle,
Cato), trade down for PG (Billups, Knight) .. draft the best guy available
(Thomas?, Van Horn?) ... now its time for Pitino to show why he's the best
coach around..

Alex Caporicci
alexcap@odyssee.net