Re: Bandwagon Questionnaire

"David J. Boutte" <djboutte@dorsai.org> writes :

>If Pitino accepts the job, get ready to see a lot of people jumping
>back onto the bandwagon. Therefore, I propose that TRUE Celtics fans
>such as those of us who have followed the team on this list for the
>past few years devise some questions about the last couple of years
>to test whether someone is really a fan or just a "fair weather" fan.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>(P.S. This is all tongue-in-cheek. I don't want to be accused as
>being an elitist or snob.)

Here are some questions that might go on the
"Loyal Long-Term-Celtics-List-Members Questionnaire"
(others are invited to submit questions too) :

1. The best game summaries are written by :
    A. D.B. Cooper
    B. Bill Cooper
    C. Bill Clinton

2. Who posted the following on this list :
    "I'm sure there are a lot of you out there who think the Mavs' losses
    are sort of automatic and you don't even begin to comprehend how much
    concentration it takes for me to pull it off down here."
  Hint : he was also responsible for clouding the Mav's minds into taking
         Montross in trade for their lottery pick.  He is :
    A. Gene Kelly
    B. Gene Kirkpatric
    C. Captain Kirk
    D. The Celtic leprechaun

3. Theresa is :
    A. A nun who works in Calcutta
    B. A fan who works in Cambridge
    C. A fan who works in Calcuta
        Hint : initials : TJL

4. The opinions of long-term fans on this list regarding Todd Day include :
    A. "never met a shot he didn't like"
    B. Played much better than last year
    C. Is often kidnapped and replaced by his evil twin, B.D. "Bad" Day
    D. can pass better than Jason thinks
    E. All of the above

5. Who wrote :
    "As usual, the Celtics took the court with their spunky, funky, Little
         Green Men lineup."
    A. Michael Moore  ("Downsize This")
    B. Michael Holley  (Globe staff writer)
    C. Buddy Holly  ("Maybe, Baby")

6. Who really dropped a table on Pervis Ellison's foot ?
    A. Melvin Purvis
    B. Pervis Ellison
    C. Elliot Ness
    D. M.L. Carr ("We have a plan")