Re: Bird in Indiana?

At 04:23 PM 5/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>     I live in Indiana, and the state is going crazy, because Bird is
>apparently going to the Pacers.  A number of news organizations are quoting
>unnamed sources that say Bird has agreed to a deal that will have him coach
>for 2 years and then become director of basketball operations.  I've seen
>these reports from The Eagel Tribune in Lawrence, MA and from NBC-TV in
>Indianapolis.
>

>                      Curtis Smith

As a life long Celtic's fan I would hate to see Larry go. If he must I'm
happy it will be Indiana. The Celtics have turned the corner and are now on
the upside with Pitino and the two draft picks. I look forward to great
things from our team. If and when Bird leads the Pacers to Boston I will be
the first one up to give him a standing ovation. When the game starts I hope
we kick his ass!!

Good luck if you land the Bird man!!!

JC