Re: A FEW THINGS

It's called capitalism folks.  If you live by it, then don't complain.
This is what the market will bear.  What about the salaries of the top
executives of Fortune 500 companies?  What about people who build their own
businesses?  Should there be a limit on how much you can make?  That's not
capitalism.  Personally, I think the hope that Rick Pitino represents is
worth every dime he earns.  Ten years is a long time.  There will be
someone else in a few years who will make more and make his salary look
like chump change.

Are you pissed that these guys make the money or that you don't make this
kind of money?  If someone offered you a job making $500,000 a year would
you turn it down and say that you only really NEED $250,000?  Don't be
ridiculous.

TJL

>	One last point, folks, I don't think ANYONE needs the kind of money
>>either players or coaches are being paid these days.  Don't forget who's
>>paying them that money.  This is not meant as a downer, but who among us
>>earns even $1mm a year or ever will?  Don't you think any of them could
>>live quite comfortably with that amount?  This money thing is way out of
>>control.
>
>This is a very good point that I agree with 100%.  It really pisses me off
>that these guys are making a ton of money a year that they don't even need!
>They talk as though 2 million a year is a paltry salary, if you give me 2
>mill a year I will be damn happy!!!  Hell, even the minimum salary around
>250,000 is a step up from what most people on this list are probably
>making, and we aren't out on the street begging for food scraps!
>
>Tim
>
>Nault
>rnault@ptialaska.net
>
>Visit the PatriotsPage at:
>http://www.ptialaska.net/~rnault/PatriotsPage.html

Theresa Lee
Alumni Officer III, Student and Parent Programs
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT
10-140, 77 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
ph: 617-253-8280
tjoyce@mit.edu