Great News I and II

I think we finally have reason to feel confident about the team again.  This
guy is smart and decisive, and the celtics are in good hands again.  I very
much would like to see Bird as GM, however.  There should be some celtics in
the celtics organization, and I think Patino needs a GM, whether its Bird or
somebody else.  People overestimate the salary cap problems -- Patino won't
be afraid to dump these guys for next to nothing.  And he plays the uptempo
game that our best players seem suited for.  This is great news.

But not as important as the lottery right now....although great news II is
that a texas paper reports that Battie is coming out.  So maybe things will
swing our way even if we lose the lottery.  I hope Rick is a good steward for
our team....or has a GM on  a level with Ernie Grunfeld or Jerry Krause ready
to install... esp. if Bird goes home again to Indiana.