A FEW THINGS

Hi, all
	It's nice to see everyone so happy.  I hope this brings us everything
we're hoping for.  There are some sad notes, however.  Both DJ and KC
are gone.  It's understandable that Pitino will want to pick his own
staff, most coaches do.  However, I still feel sadness about DJ, in
particular.  He is, after all, a Celtic.
	Red said a month ago the Celtics needed to clean house.  Does anyone
doubt he still carries lots of weight in that organization?  Another
thing......the press has always said the Celts were lucky to have Jan
Volk.  Looks like he's getting the axe, too.  I wonder why?  Another
curious thing is that they fired Lebeaux, who has always had a special
friendship with Larry Bird.  Does anyone think there's any possibility
that Bird will be an assistant coach?  It just occurred to me that's a
way he could do several things.  Learn coaching, be a real,
there-at-the-games-and-practices presence, which I think he'd like
better than being in an office on the phone, and not have to be the
"one" to have all that patience with young players who probably don't
have his work ethic.
	One last point, folks, I don't think ANYONE needs the kind of money
either players or coaches are being paid these days.  Don't forget who's
paying them that money.  This is not meant as a downer, but who among us
earns even $1mm a year or ever will?  Don't you think any of them could
live quite comfortably with that amount?  This money thing is way out of
control.  One bright light the past year was watching all the young
families at the Celtics games, and the just plain folks.  Not all those
3 piece suits.  Almost everyone could afford a ticket.  That was nice to
see.  You will not be seeing that in the future.  Tickets will be out of
reach again.  I know nothing is to be done about it, but it's sad, just
the same.  Food for thought.  Don't mean this to be a downer, I'm quite
happy something positive is happening.
Dorine