wait almost over

          Pitino met with Kentucky AD C.M. Newton for 90 minutes
          today. Newton said, upon his return to the UK campus, that
          Pitino had made his decision, but he did not say what that
          decision is. A news conference is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. in
          Lexington.

          If I had to guess, I would say this means he is coming to
          Boston. I believe if he were staying at Kentucky, he would
          have just issued a statement, or held a joint news
          conference with Newton. According to the latest AP report,
          that is not the case.

          It will be interesting to see what happens with Bird when
          Pitino finally announces he is on board, or if the Celts
          will hold some kind of simultaneous news conference
          announcing those plans.

          Anxious to find out...

          Mark