Re: REALISTIC

At  8:10 AM 97.5.6 -0500, Adam Litchy wrote:
>---------
>> From: Dorine Pratt <norine@sover.net>
>>I agree with whoever said that's alot of power to give
>> one man.  ML had too much power, you all thought, so why would it be
>> okay for Pitino?
>
>Pitino's Basketball knowledge and savy are off the scale, compared to ML.
>I think our objection was that ML had all that power and no clue as to what
>to do with it.

Having a knowledgable person running everything can be a real boost;
streamlined decisions, unified direction for the franchise, etc. -- if they
know what they are doing. Auerbach had disagreements with a few owners, but
for the most part he was in charge of the whole show and many credit this
for the Celt's former successes.

- -Marc