Re: Coaches

Jan Crocker wrote:

> As far a DJ is concerned I love the guy but....as C's assisant coach the
> past couple of seasons what has he brought to the table to show that he
> deserves to be head coach?  For all his ability on the court as a great
> defensive guard the Celtics were one of the worst defensive teams in the
> nba. Seems to me that he didn't teach what he knows best. No vote here for DJ.
>
> JC

Remember back when the C's played the Hornets in the middle of April?
M.L wasn't on the bench that night.  DJ coached the team.  Though they
lost, the players worked real hard for him, losing by 5 without 2
starters (Fox & Williams?).  I think it was this game that Walker had a
triple double and Wesley got hurt.  I like Pitino as the first choice,
but I wouldn't hesitate in giving DJ an opportunity.  I wonder if the
reason some of these guys played as hard as they did wasn't because of
DJ's influence.

Cecil