Re: TRADES, COACHES

>Nobody's angry with McHale for going back to his home state when he
retired, so why be >angry that Larry might do the same thing?

This is an excellent point. I don't think you could even look at it as "they
let him get away". This is going to be Bird's personal choice, as it was
McHale's choice to become VP of the T'wolves. I say if Bird chooses to go to
Indiana, I couldn't be happier for him. He will have the chance to become a
star again in his home state. I will bet that larry's happy that Chuck
Person is no longer with the team... :)

I was watching Classic Sports last night, Game of the 1987 Finals. I looked
at the Celts starting 5 that year when something hit me.

DJ - Assistant coach of the Celts, could well lose 'assistant' from that title.
Ainge - Head coach Phoenix Suns.
Bird - Soon-to-be coach of Indiana OR Boston.
McHale - VP of basketball operations, Minnesota Timberwolves.
Parish - 3rd string center, Chicago Bulls.

For some reason, I find that DAMN impressive! Add to that, Jerry Sichting is
the assistant coach in Minnesota, Greg Kite is an assistant coach at BYU,
and Bill Walton is annoying viewers week after week as an NBA commentator.
Not bad!

	 	    ______________      __   ___   ___
	 	   |              \    /  | |   | |   |
	 	   |___     ___    \  /   | |   | |   |
	 	       |   |   |    \/    | |   |_|   |

			     Jon Michael Hamm
			  JonMichael@Honors.ou.edu

    	3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
    	     Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
      		Illiterate?  Write today for free help!