Re: Coaches

In message <199705041832.OAA27246@mcfeely.concentric.net>, "JLyell" said:
> Just heard that Pitino hopes to make a definite decision Tuesday or
> Wednesday of this week.  This is good for both sides to get a decision so
> they can move on.  Also heard Paul Westphal is interviewing for the head
> coaching spot in Denver.

The word in Denver is that Bill Hanzlik will be the next Nuggets' coach.  Alan
Bristow is interviewing Westphal and John Lucas to make the process look
legitimate, and to prove no tampering.  Hanzlik is not free until the Hawks
finish the playoffs.

> If Pitino say no, I would hope we would look at him.  He is a good coach
> who had some injury prone athletes (K.J., Manning, Hot Rod Williams) in
> Phoenix.  It looks like Ainge turned this team around, but getting the
> teams better players back from injury & the Kidd move definitely made a
> difference.

If Pitino does not come to Boston, Westphal should still be available, even if
Denver wants him.  Bristow is not going to make a decision until Hanzlik is
free.

> I thin Brown will probably end up in Philly.

And Bird in Indiana :-(
- --
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com