Bird flew the coop?

This was posted last night by clarinet. It's the first i've heard
about any celtics offer to bird who is rumored to be taking the pacers
job.

>``Indiana has made me a good offer -- no, a great offer,''
>Bird told the Boston Globe. ``I have great respect for Donnie
>Walsh (Pacers president). If I decide to do something (other
>than take a bigger role in Boston), it would definitely be
>there.''
>	 But Bird, who has served as a special assistant in the
>Celtics' front office since 1992, is also mulling an offer from
>the Celtics to take over as general manager and possibly as head
>coach of the franchise for which he starred as a player for 13
>years.

- -steve
The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the FleetCenter by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html

With the #1 Pick in the 1997 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics Select... Tim Duncan!