Re: Walker (fwd)

I agree with much of what you wrote JOz, but the thing I'm afraid of is
that he might become a player whose only concern are his stats. The first
yr. for an NBA player has a big role in determining the kind of player a
person would eventually evolve into. I think that clear bad tendencies in
a player should be eliminated in the first year, before they have had a
few years of what they perceived to be success, based on their stats. Try
telling Coleman that he's anything less than the best there is and he'll
be taking out an almanac to show you his stats compared to Malone or
Barkley. I do agree its not easy to accumulate the kind of numbers Antoine
did but the team record should be sobering enough to bring him down from
that high pretty quickly. If not, then maybe he needs someone to instill
that kind of team mentality in him. Remember, its easy to be the good guy
and not criticise (case in point: ML), but when there is valid critism,
the smart player listens. - Danny