trades

I love everybodies optimism but when you are the worst team in the league,
nobody wants to trade for most of the players on the team.  There are only
a few tradeable celts(the three W's, Radja, and maybe Fox).  Nobody will
take a package of players that includes Dee or Pervis or any of the other
overpaid, often injured, and obviously not that good players.  So when you
think of making a trade it must include one of the tradeable players.

No way would Cleveland trade two of their first round along with Sura for
our first(Dallas) and Pervis and Dee.  That just won't happen.  Yes the
Celts can pull off a trade but it will have to involve Walker or  Williams
along with Radja or Fox or a draft pick thrown in.  No team wants Dee,
Dana or especially Pervis.

I love talking trades, but only if they are realistic.  The celts don't
have much trading power, so they don't have many options, unless it will
involve draft picks.

I still love Mercer, and think he is going to be an all-star player in the
NBA.  With the #1 I'd take Duncan but Mercer is tough to pass up, so
hopefully we get #1 and 2 and get both.

 Christopher R. Gee