Re: Antawn

> By the way Red likes Jamison, which could mean that either the C's are
> interested in him or the sly old Fox is baiting other teams to take him
> higher than he has a right to go. Dallas is slated to finish at #5 or #6
> and I would say draft the best player that you can at #5 never mind what
> you have.
>
> Draft scenario:
>
> Right now I see the draft as under:
> Duncan   - Boston
> Mercer    - Vancouver
> Battie      - San Antonio
> LaFrentz -  Philadelphia
> Van Horn - Denver
> Jamison   - Boston
> Thomas   -  New Jersey
> Foyle      -  Golden State
> McGrady - Toronto
> Billups     -  Milwaukee
>
> Van Horn slips because the more I read about him the more people think
that
> he does not have the quickness to be an NBA PF or SF. Besides San Antonio
> needs a PF  and Philadelphia needs a center and there could be a draft
day
> swap between the two. At 6' 81/2" Jamison is undersized for a PF besides
> Denver is all set at PF and SF with McDyess & Laphonse Ellis they may try
> to get Foyle or trade down in which case Van Horn may fall to #6 where we
> can take him. Now in that scenario Jamison goes to Nets, Thomas to GS or
> Toronto, McGrady to Toronto or GS and Billups to Milwaukee.
>                                                                - Mishra

A couple of comments:

Is Van Horn really any slower than a Kevin Mchale, Tom Chambers, Tom
Gugliotta or even Eric Williams ?

Why would Denver pass on a point guard like Billups from Colorado, Brevin
Knight, Antonio Daniels, or Mike Bibby ??  They need a point big time, and
as you have stated are set at the forward position,  unless they plan
moving Ellis or McDyess.  I heard something about a trade for Bryant Stith
but did not catch with who.

Why would the Celtics be interested in Antawn Jamison especially if Rick
Fox signs, except for possible trade value,  or if they plan moving
Williams or Walker.   Jamison would just add another body with no outside
shooting capability fighting for time with Fox, Williams, Walker, & Radja.
Wouldn't a Foyle to backup Duncan, or point or 2 guard better suit our
needs ?   The question is are they all a reach at 5 or 6 ?

Some of Leventhal's rankings are perplexing.

Brevin Knight had a pretty impressive tournament and dropped ? He is
undersized, but could really help the Nuggets,  & Nets if Cassell leaves.

Willoughby shot the lights out in the tournament, and had a very consistent
year, and is still ranked below the likes of Seals, Parker, etc.

Tim Thomas at 7 ??  A lot of athletic ability, but what and underacheiving
season.

McGrady at 10 ?  Did he skip the McDonald's all-america game to keep his
stock form dropping ?  He says he couldn't afford money for the airfare for
his Mom, but he is driving a 50K Lexus sport utility vehicle ? Smart agent
???

Keon Clark at 14 ?  I haven't seen anything other than leaping ability from
him
and his legs are like twigs ready for Rodman to snap !!

Are teams ready to take the risk on Thomas, Mcgrady, & Lamar Odom in the
top 10 ?  They projected Bryant & O'neal to go that high last year and I
think Bryant went about 14 ?

and his legs are like