Re:

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> A few thoughts about ressurection. Did you all read the articles in today's
> Globe by May and Holley. I have a couple questions. What's this Carr
> surrounding himself with "yes-men" crap that Opie...ah, Larry talked about
> last week. According to Michael Holley, Carr wants to bring in a bunch of
> ex-Celtics to form an advisory board. Does this sound like someone who's
> afraid to hear differing opinions...who's afraid to hear an opposing point
> of view? Does anybody really believe that people are afraid to tell ML Carr
> something he doesn't want to hear. He apparently hears it all the
> time..."towel waving moron,"..."idiot,"...."incompetent clown,"....and he
> handles that pretty well. I don't think a differing opinion on a draft-pick
> is going to send him over the edge. But Opie?!? Did you read what he had to
> say about Donyell Marshall. Jesus Christ...if Larry wants to go to the
> Clippers, please, let's pay for the flight.
> According to Opie,"There are a lot of players I like who have had trouble
> for one reason or another." God, that's a confidence building statement. He
> goes on to say that Michael Smith should still be in the league!?! Did I
> read that right? Is Opie saying that Michael Smith has enough talent to be
> a seventh or eighth man for some team...and something just happened...some
> alien took over his body when he played so that he looked like he had no
> talent. Or...are people just against Mormons in general. Or...what is his
> point? Is it just that he can't judge talent? Here, think of it this way.
> My wife's a chef, she goes into a restaurant to get a job and says,"You
> know, for some reason or another a lot of my entrees never turn out right."
> She gets the job....right? And he wants total control? And he's going to
> rule with an iron fist? One last thing. Peter May has it wrong about Dee
> Brown and his contract. Also...yes once again...ML made some stupid
> decisions concerning contracts (I'm unconvinced about Minor) but May
> doesn't mention Walker, Williams, and Wesley when listing what Carr has
> going for him. What does Opie have going for himself again?
>
> Paul M.

You sound like the kind of fan who thought a 6 ft 9 forward out of
Indiana was too slow too white,not quick enough, and couldn't jump and
would be a bust as a first round pick. Opie..oops Larry turned out to be
a pretty good player though didn't he . ML is like a cult leader.. a
very good talker,who can make anyone believe what he is saying is
true..I think he has brainwashed thanksdad..As for getting the celtics
family to help him, that seems to tell me that he is beginning to doubt
his own abilities or at least beginning to realize his limitations..As
for your senerio about you wife: ML would have blamed it on the stove or
bad ingredients and convinced everyone who would listen that with the
proper ingredients and a new stove  he would be a great chef.  He would
tell you that the resturant might stink while he gets used to the new
stove but in a couple of years it might be great again. He'd say it in a
very upbeat way with that convincing smile and everyone would believe
him..Thanksdad did.  The guy can talk.  I'll give him that..Finally I
think the only thing Zabo has over Mike Smith is a pair of goggles.
What did ML have going for him when he was hired again? I can't
remember. Oh yea, he is a great talker. Every time he looks at his
championship ring he should thank Opie er Larry.

Rick