Re: What will you do?

I do not root for them to lose. I ACCEPT the fact that they are losing
(this year in particular because yes, I think Duncan is for real) because
this is not about excepting the fact that they are "losers", to me this is
more about short term vs long term solutions. The quick fix seems the
mediocre 1 and out in the playoffs route. The harder fix? Take the bad w/
the Good. 'Proof Rock' right (we need to grab Warren out of the newsgroup
before we can throw out any literary references). I don't have an answer
and I know getting the #1 pick doesn't guarantee anything.

I was at the Nets game last sunday and no I did not root for them to lose.
But afterwords comforted myself with the knowledge that the Nets loss
helped our position for the Dallas pick (they wouldn'd be tied for 6th if
the C's had won).

Not comparing drafts but who did we get at 6 last year? Would you want to
trade him for any of the 7-9 picks from last year instead? I think a few
ping pong balls can make a difference.

This years draft (primarily) and what we do trade/signing/salary/cap-wise
over the next 2-3 years will most likely determine the outcome of this team
for over a decade! (In the year 2010, Walker and this years 2 draft choices
will be younger than Jordan/Hakeem are today).

I think the level of discusion on the group has grown a bit tense/nasty
compared to the rest of the year. I think it's because poeple are getting
nervous. We are coming to the crux of the situation and the suspense is
building (a pathetic admission but...I probably will have trouble falling
asleep may 17th, kinda like Christmas when your a kid).

2 things

Are we gonna have a Sam Bowie of the 97 draft?

Didn't someone (Kim?) suggest a draft party earlier in the year? Depending
on the 18th maybe we should kick off a new era.

(This is still more fun than searching the sunday globe sports section in
the hopes that there is a celtics related story during the summer)

Ken