(fwd) Sonny came home with a vengeance

Jeremy Warren <jwarren@emerald.tufts.edu> wrote:

>        Just a few thoughts.  Drafting Victor Page in the second round
>wouldn't work.  He's an underclassman and would probably go back to school
>for a year to get another shot at a three year guaranteed contract.  But
>maybe we can tradc up to a late first rounder somehow.  And besides Victor
>has a lot of upside potential.  I think he's a definite top 20 pick.

I seriously doubt that Page would return to Georgetown.  The main reason he
left is because he couldn't handle the academics, and i've heard reports
(unconfirmed, of course) that he would have been academically ineligible to
play in college next year and that was the deciding factor in why he came out.

As for him being a top 20 pick i also disagree.  First of all, the draft this
year is going to be dominated by mainly forwards and centers.  If you look at
Levanthal's list you will see that the first true guard is listed at #11.  So
figure that those first 10 forwards and centers will be taken somewhere in
the top 20, and then look at the guards listed on the rankings...do you
really think that Page is a top 10 guard prospect?  of course not.  Now that i
think about it a litle more, I think Page may go a little higher than i first
thought, but i still think that Page will be a second round pick.

Jeff