Larry Bird and Coach/GM

We have to understand Bird's position in all this. After leading the
Celtics to numerous championships, he comes back as coach of his old team.
Can you imagine the pressure he will have to deal with from the fans?? BIG
QUESTION here, WHAT IF HE FAILS and shows that even ML was better coach
than he was. I am not saying this but it can happen, anything can happen.
It is just that I don't think after having a Hall of Fame career in a team,
I would not to come back and coach it. There would high expectations of
him. The same effect can be had if he becomes GM. Could you imagine if his
name was behind some  lopsided trade?

Out of curiosity, is the level at which Larry Bird is seen by the fans same
as what people saw Russell or Cousy? Didn't Russell become the GM of
Sacremento Kings? Wasn't he the one behind the rule that no team can trade
its 1st round pick in consectutive years? Didn't Cousy coach Kings (I
think) Wasn't he the first one to coach Tiny Archibald??  At the time did
the Celtics organisation think it let two go??

Think about it..

Ritesh Ramani