Re: On Bird and Gaston, et al.

damekmo@teleport.com wrote:

> . Gaston and Carr could leave tomorrow,

We can only hope they will.

> OK...talent and ability is the reason they kept Gavitt around for so long?
> Talent and ability are the first words that come to mind when you hear the
> name Chris Ford?

You know what we fired them both even though Chris took a hapless team
with less talent than we have had the last two years and made the
playoffs.

Someone else wrote that Bird could do no worse than Carr...yes? Jesus,
you know, I remember when Carr took over that's exactly what people said
about him in relation to Gavitt...right? No, damn it...I'm wrong...on
day one they began with the towel waving unqualified stuff and now it
seems that idiot is the adjective of the day. Gavitt's tenure was a
complete failure guys.

What were Carr's quilifications anyway? I can't remember... and again we
fired Gavit.

He gave us Dee Brown and we watched the team get old and shrivel up
while he did nothing. Carr's made mistakes....but he's also given the
Celtics a future. Opie, I mean Gomer...ahh, Larry wants in, now> that
the team has two high draft picks and a few young players with ability
and promise. Why is it that Carr was an idiot from day one and Larry and
a college coach are considered saviours? You don't think race would have
anything to do with it...huh?

What's better the Dee signing or the 11 year contract we signed Minor to
or the wonderful Barros signing? Than god Nique left and bailed him out
of that mistake.

Was race an issue when we fired Gavitt and Ford?  Just asking.

> >I don't think race has anything to do with it.Wake up & look at our
> >record!We are terrible & Carr is the one that put us there!
>
> Just once more...please, Carr was supposed to tank this season.
> Convenient?...sure. But I'm beginning to question the faith Bob Ryan had in
> the Boston fans when he said something about them being intelligent enough
> to understand that the team had to have a really bad season in order to
> begin rebuilding. What was it McHale said...reach high, aim low. Please,
> the guy's record indicates nothing this year. Carr has given you all
> Duncan.

If ML is supossed to lose this year, as you say, please explain to me
why he wanted to exchange #1 picks with New Jersy ?  Is this all part of
the genius' master plan to get Duncan?
Yea Right..

Look guys, Carr is not Jerry West or Pat Riley, but he deserves better
than being replaced by some guy who spent the last few years living>
like my grandfather after retirement. How about this, ML moves back>
upstairs, DJ becomes the coach, and Larry joins KC as assistant coach.
He could probably actually go to some college games when the team was on
the road. And as for Pitino?..are you sure he's better than Chris Ford.
> Wait...how 'bout Pat Summitt of the Lady Vols at UT...she's won more than> Big Rick.

Again, what were ML's qualifications for becoming both coach and GM of
one of the most winning teams in sports history. How has his record
justified us keeping him?

How about this ML stands up like a man, admits he was in over his head,
thank the C's for letting him try while giving him a couple $mil, and
get his smiling face back to Public realtions where he belongs..