Re: Bird as GM

At  5:24 PM 97.3.27 -0500, Theresa Lee wrote:

>I ask this because I would worry if Larry Bird was responsible for business
>affairs. He's not the most articulate, grammatically correct guy out there.
>Hey, I may be wrong and this is not a job requirement. I know I might get
>flamed, but I am truly curious.

He may not be the most articulate, grammatically correct guy out there, but
I have no trouble understanding what he says. I don't think Red Auerbach
would have been very good as a presidential debate moderator for that
matter. But I do understand your concern about how many "smarts" Larry may
or may not have. He apparently struggled to get out of Indiana State (well,
this may not say much given the pressures of being a student-athlete). I,
for one, was impressed by his recent remarks, which I found strong,
articulate, and knowledgable. Larry certainly seems to have the kind of
determination necessary for the job. But I wonder if his ego may not be too
much for people around him?

Oh yeah, what does a GM do? Hell if I know....... I guess GM has final say
over all basketball decisions, to the extent that the owner allows him
final say.

- -Marc