Re: several points

>Everyone keeps crediting M.L. for the Montross deal, do we really know
it
>was not Red, Larry, D.J, or someone elses idea ?

Come on . . . I can't believe I'm about to defend ML, but let's look at
this team realistically.  Red is no longer involved in any meaningful
way.  Larry is just a scout -- he's been more involved lately, but the Cs
just gave him that job so they can drag him out in front of the public
and say "Look, LB is still involved with the team!"  DJ?  The *assistant*
coach?!?  Somehow, I doubt that he pulled off this deal . . .

I'm not saying that ML didn't have input from others (I'm sure he did),
but the fact is that ML stood by his guns and wouldn't accept a
conditional pick from Dallas.  Dallas took the bait and the deal was
made.  I still wouldn't mind seeing ML skip town, but I have to give him
credit for pulling off this trade (probably one of the more lopsided
trades in the NBA this decade).