Celtics fans, the time has come.

Read the Article on Larry Bird in the Globe. and it's intriguing that
though getting Bird to be the GM makes so much sense in terms of Image,
Attendance, revenues etc, the C's management is completely ignoring it
publicly. Imagine Larry Bird taking a mangement position with Indiana
Pacers, it is  like  Roger Clemens pitching for the Blue Jays. The Boston
Market has let Roger go, it can't afford to let Larry Bird go to another
team. Imagine the head lines "The Celtics let Larry Bird go in favour of
M.L.Carr", it even sounds hilarious. ML has done a good job with the Dallas
pick and picking Walker, but these are his only good moves. He has done,
said and keeps on saying some awfully dumb things. The time has come for ML
to make way for the prodigal one and allow the revival to begin. Larry Bird
through his play is credited for reviving the NBA and the C's, and most of
us expect him to do no less as a front office man heading this storied
franchise. The question is can we collectively do something? how about
campaigning for Larry Bird as GM of the celtics. I know, it could be futile
but atleast will give us the satisfaction of trying.
                                                                        -
Mishra