Re: The Draft, What Else?

 >Hey I am really thinking that the Celtics should think about
>Jacque Vaughn for that Dallas Pick (if Van Horn, Mercer, etc. are not
available). Just >think about our lineup, it would not exactly be
championship material, but it would be >much improved.

>1. David Wesley        Backup: Jacque Vaughn
>2. Greg Minor          Backup: ?????????????
>3. Antoine Walker      Backup: Rick Fox
>4. Dino Radja          Backup: Eric Williams
>5. Tim Duncan          Backup: Frank Brikowski

>Others:
>Dana Barros
>Dee Brown
>Marty Conlon
>Pervis Ellison
>Steve Hamer
>Alton Lister
>Brett Szabo

> And how about the Magic they have
>really picked up since Brian Hill was fired. Hey speaking of which, how
about
>him. I think he would do a great job. Plus he has had experience with
helping to develop a >certain star center named Shaq. Maybe he could turn
Tim Duncan into the Dunc (DUNK). How >does everybody like the nickname?
Other possible coaches would include Bob Hill, Paul >Westphal, Dennis
Johnson, Rick Pitino, maybe George Karl...I heard his contract is almost
>up.

 >Hey since some of you are talking about the NCAA tourney I just
>wanted to say look out for North Carolina, they look strong going into
>this tournament. they could very well upset a Minnesota or Kansas and end
up with the >championship. Possible first round upsets, Indiana looks shaky
again they could be heading >out in the first round this year.

     The Dallas pick should not be wasted on Jacque Vaughn.  Unless Dallas
wins the rest of their games and somehow does not get in the lottery.  Then
picking up a Jacque Vaughn would be justified, even then I would question
it.  Jacque is not even the best PG in the Big 12, and your opinion is for
the C's to draft him.  No thank you.  IMO, Jacque should not even be picked
in the lottery.  I have seen Kansas play on TV over 15 times this season
and have not been impressed by what Vaughn has been doing considering his
supporting cast.  They did not lose w/out Vaughn when they were playing a
tough non-conference schedule.

     The C's need some power and youth in the 4 spot if they are going to
use the draft pick, Dino is not a young pup, I would like to see him vanish
after a good and healthy season.  I would also like to see a trade of the
Dallas pick for a  real good 2 (Stackhouse).

     In your opinion the Magic turned around after firing Hill (possibly
true), and  wanting the C's to pick him up to develop Tim Duncan(seems kind
of strange)?  Since he did such a good job developing Shaq?  Do you think
Shaq needed much help, besides his foul shooting, which never improved.
Tim Duncan has a better game now than Shaq ever did with any coach.  So did
you want to get Hill to help Duncan miss his FTs.  Pitino and  DJ are the
coaches that need to be looked at the hardest.

Look out for NC?  Unnoticed?  If NC wins the ACC tourney they'll get a
number one seed,  I think not.  The question is how many teams can the ACC
get in the big dance?  Indiana does look a little shaky, but to say their
going to lose with the General just winning #700, I don't think so.

IMO,
Richard