The Draft, What Else?

	Hey I am really thinking that the Celtics should think about
Jacque Vaughn for that Dallas Pick (if Van Horn, Mercer, etc. are not
available). Just think about our lineup, it would not exactly be
championship material, but it would be much improved.

1. David Wesley        Backup: Jacque Vaughn
2. Greg Minor          Backup: ?????????????
3. Antoine Walker      Backup: Rick Fox
4. Dino Radja          Backup: Eric Williams
5. Tim Duncan          Backup: Frank Brikowski

Others:
Dana Barros
Dee Brown
Marty Conlon
Pervis Ellison
Steve Hamer
Alton Lister
Brett Szabo

As far as the others, I would try to trade a few of them for a better
backup center if possible, I really would like to see the CHIEF return
(Robert Parish) I know he is very old and near retirement, but having his
enormous expertise there would be a great benefit to Duncan. Afterall the
Chief was a great center and can still get in their and contribute. He
could teach Duncan a lot about the game and the position. Plus his return
to the Celtic team might very well spark some fan support, which the
Celtics are in big need of. How about Rony Seikely, I have to hand it to
the guy I used to think he was one of the worst players in the league, but
he is showing that he can be a contributer, he plays hard for Orlando, it
was a good pick up for them. And how about the Magic they have really
picked up since Brian Hill was fired. Hey speaking of which, how about
him. I think he would do a great job. Plus he has had experience with
helping to develop a certain star center named Shaq. Maybe he could turn
Tim Duncan into the Dunc (DUNK). How does everybody like the nickname?
Other possible coaches would include Bob Hill, Paul Westphal, Dennis
Johnson, Rick Pitino, maybe George Karl...I heard his contract is almost
up.
						Jerry

jlawson@mail.sdsu.edu

P.S. I hope you remember that these were simply my opinions and they
should be treated as such.