Re: Celts extend Pacers, BUT: Indiana 98-Boston 95

Very good review of the game.  I just wanted to throw in a few comments
here and there....
> the Pacers fouled and the refs missed the call (this was not a good
> night for the refs).

Has anybody else noticed the apathy the refs seem to be treating the
Celtics with lately.  During the west coast road trip and since returning
home, I've noticed a lot of blatant no calls by the referees.  Almost like
they're getting the "you're not good enough to draw a foul" treatment that
is usually reserved for mid level rookies and Rick Fox (though Fox looks
like he's finally earned some respect).  Likewise, I'm seeeing a lot of
fouls being called by the off official when the other team makes a move to
the basket.  Again, the Celtics seem to get the "you could not possibly
have stopped him without fouling" treatment.  A lot of this is expected I
guess - but it almost seems like the league is trying to help the C's get
Duncan (like the incredibly long .3 seconds against Detroit and the
incredibly short .7 seconds last night when we fouled on the inbound.  I
just hope the calls seem more even when are team is back on its feet.

> Opposition Player of note: Mark Jackson- totally ordinary game for
> Jackson, with 12 points nd 13 assists in 43 minutes.  I just wanted to
> mention him, because I think his reacquisition by the Pacers is the
> outstanding example of a team's management having to eat crow in my
> lifetime (I can't think of anything else that even comes close).

I agree, though the Sean Elliot trade and retrade comes close.

Adam