Re: unis

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, "Jeremy P. Ryan" <jeryan@mailbox.syr.edu> wrote:

>2) New unis are a bad idea. Just ask Cavs, Rockets, Broncos, or Angels
>fans. To the person who said tradition doesn't matter, GO AWAY! Join the
>Clippers' or Grizzlies' fan clubs. They don't have any tradition (save for
>losing) that will offend you in the least. The rest of us are quite happy
>with the simple, yet effective Green and White jerseys currently employed
>today. If we didn't like them, we probably wouldn't be here, either. They
>are the same jerseys, except for a little tinkering, that they have had
>for 50 years. Whoops, that's tradition. My bad.

To those of you that are interested, I called the Celtics public relations
people, and their official statement is that there is no plan to change the
uniforms.  The guy I talked to also added that "if anyone would know" it would
be him, and that this was the first he heard of it.  This could be just a
standard line they're giving to Joe Public, but I tend to believe that it's just
a rumor at this point.

* Mike Lewis                                  *
* San Diego, CA                               *
* mlewis@connectnet.com                       *