Randomness

Some random thoughts of mine:

1) Hakeem Olajuwon is 6-10. If you know anything about the NBA, you know
that. It is a well known fact that players like to exaggerate their
heights (or weights) to make then seem bigger. Barkley is the same way.
Conversely, some guys try to make themselves smaller for other reasons.
Kevin Garnett is listed at 6-11, but is actually 7' (and growing) and
doesn't want people to try and make him a center. It's no secret that
guys like Stanley Roberts and Kevin Duckworth tip the scales over 300 lbs,
not under it. A friend of mine has met Muggsy Bogues and says he is
TALLER than 5-3 but is listed that way to make his abilities seem greater.
The moral: size is all relative, it's ability and heart that really
counts.

2) New unis are a bad idea. Just ask Cavs, Rockets, Broncos, or Angels
fans. To the person who said tradition doesn't matter, GO AWAY! Join the
Clippers' or Grizzlies' fan clubs. They don't have any tradition (save for
losing) that will offend you in the least. The rest of us are quite happy
with the simple, yet effective Green and White jerseys currently employed
today. If we didn't like them, we probably wouldn't be here, either. They
are the same jerseys, except for a little tinkering, that they have had
for 50 years. Whoops, that's tradition. My bad.

3) I thought Mark Price and Chris Gatling just signed multi-year deals
last summer. Am I right on this? That would preclude them from becoming
free agents.

4) The C's should lose the fringe free agent veterans with no potential
left (Conlon, Brickowski, Day, Lister) and replace them with young players
willing to work hard and learn. The only FA's they should keep are Wesley
and Fox, but not at the expense of younger guys development. That applies
to Fox, especially if we get Van Horn, Mercer, or maybe Thomas.

5) You think Sportschannel is bad? Have you ever seen Bob Page on MSG (the
Knicks/Yankees/Rangers network)? He's a jerk. He's always ready to jump on
someone's case, especially the Nets, without ever giving an ounce of
credit to anyone. I'll trade him (and the whole damn network) just for
the chance to see more than a half dozen C's games a year. Thank God the
Yankees are going to be on more and the Knicks a lot less.

I would be happy to see and respond to your replies. I am glad that we
have a forum like this available, being from Central New York my Grandpa
and I are the only real true Celtics fans I know.

Peace,
- -Jeremy