Trade impossibility

Rhett Orcutt wrote:
>i just thought of a trade possiblity...tell me what you think??
>
>day, barros and brown for....Stojko Vrankovic and terry porter of
>minnesota and maybe some draft picks does anyone know if that would work
>salry cap wise? that would give us a starting 5 and a backup 1 and some
>veteran leadership.  it would also let up get rid of day, barros and
>brown who nobody seems to like i sure don't

No this is not a trade possibility. I'm trying real hard to understand why
either side would want it.

Stojko????!!!! ML put you up to this threat to get people off Radja's case,
right? Stojko makes something like $15mm for 3 years, IIRC, and has been
benched for a no-name. Just what we need. He'll be off Kevin's cap and back
in Europe next year.

Kevin, of course, will also be happy to throw draft picks by the handfull at
us for the pleassure of taking Dino, Dee & Day off our hands.

Veteran leadership? From whom and for what? We're losing quite nicely on our
own. And we already have our share of aging veterans, thank you.

And even if we didn't just pass the trading deadline, there's no point to a
trade until we know the draft situation.
- -Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net