Re: catching up

>Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 02:15:59 +0900
>From: lamphier@m.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Marc Lamphier)
>Subject: Re: catching up
>
>At 10:39 AM 97.3.3 -0500, MBerry wrote:
>           The Bulls are an exception in that
>          their two best players are perimeter players, but remember,
>          they didn't win championships until Horace Grant became a
>          physical presence. They lost to the Magic without Horace,
>          then returned to the championship after signing Rodman the
>          next year. He gives them a physical presence they need.
>
>>Well, nice try but no cigar. The Bulls won a championship because they had
>>Michael Jordan. When he left they didn't win the championship. When he came
>>back they won the championship again.

>>That is to say - I don't think it was Dennis Rodman.

He came back from retirement in mid-year; the Bulls were eliminated in the
playoffs. They then get Rodman in the off-season and win the next year. The
year Jordan was gone, Pippen led the Bulls to over 50 wins; not bad,
considering the team just lost the best player on the planet.

Bob Miller
bob@mymenus.com
http://www.mymenus.com/
Best recipe site on the Web.